Wednesday, September 28, 2011

No Excuses

I don't have a really good excuse on why I missed my 6 mile run this morning only that I was exhausted yesterday and slept like the dead.

I fell asleep while my daughter was watching Dora, then I laid down with her when it was her bed time and passed back out. Then when my husband nugged me awake at like 10 something I stumbled to bed and was out. I slept all night, heard no snoring or noise of any sort.

So when my alarm went off at 4:00 I was going to get up and then I heard the thunder and saw lightning. While I laid there for a minute contemplating it started to down pour. Decision made, no gym and I re set my alarm, rolled over and was out once more.

It's mornings like these that I try not to be hard on myself for not making it to the gym. I obviously needed the sleep and when I work full time and am a mommy full time, something has to give once in a while. It's all good though because I can do my 6 miles tomorrow and then my 3 Friday morning since I only have 9 to do on Saturday.

And that's how I will justify it.

I knew it was going to be difficult waking up at 4 am three times a week. Some weeks are better than others and if I just another hours or two I would be golden. This is what I have to work with so I'm doing the best I can.

I was looking at the course map yesterday at work. I think I want Ricky to meet me at various points on the course to give me more water if needed and moral support. 4 hours is a long time to be running without any encouragement so I need him and my family there to support me. I'm doing all this training solo (solo running that is, hubby is riding his bike on long runs) so I don't really have anyone to run with during this race.

Race starts in Downtown Charleston and goes up through some not so nice areas and into North Charleston and the old Navy Yard where it ends.
Can't believe the month of September is ending. I've had some decent weather for my long runs so I'm glad I did not train through the brutal summer. Only bad part of it cooling off is that the time is going to change soon and there will be no chance of me doing any evening runs because by the time I get home from work it'll be dark. Bummer but I'm a better morning runner anyway.

My birthday is Friday and I'll be 31. Not sure how I feel about officially being over 30. And I'll leave it at that and get back to this topic come Friday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...