Monday, October 3, 2011

Birthday Weekend

We didn't do much on Friday for my birthday. We ordered food from my favorite Chinese restaurant and had cupcakes from the Cupcake place. It was a nice and chill night.

Saturday morning I woke up early and headed out for my 9 mile run. It was such a nice morning to be running. I decided to run around my neighborhood because we had to get ready and head to the Zoo later. 

I did 9.17 miles, avg pace 9:22 and felt really good the entire run. Cool temps really make a difference for me. 

After my run we got ready and headed to Columbia, SC. We met my family at the Liberty Tap Room and had lunch and cake. Then we headed on over to the Zoo.

I haven't been to the Zoo in forever. I honestly can't remember going but I've been told I've been before. None of it rang a bell but I have a crappy memory anyway.

We all had a great time. It was so nice to spend the day with my family. The kids were all good, no meltdowns (until we got home later). Sophie was in awe of all the animals. It was a beautiful day, not too hot and not too cool, sunny. Perfect in my book. 

Just a few random pics from the day to share. 

My sister, me, and sister-in-law

Me and the hubby

My nephews Sean and Garrett with Sophie

The Gals

The Guys

Turtles humping. Seriously.

Up close and personal with the elephants. They stunk.

My bro-in-law, nephews, sister, brother, Sophie and Ricky

Sunday I slept in a little (7:30 is sleeping in now-a-days). Made some breakfast and cleaned a little bit. I went for a short 3 mile run late morning. It's nice to be able to run later in the day and it still be nice and cool. Even though it was sunny I didn't feel nasty hot.

I ran on the trail near the gym I am a member of so once my run was over I shot over to the gym to do some elliptical and weights. Then I came home and sent my hubby onto work out and do his thing. I had hoped to get some more cleaning done while little bit napped but she had other plans and work up shortly after I got home. 
Finally we went over to my in-laws house for dinner and ate more cake. I ate way too much cake this weekend but you know what? It was good!

Because I run on the treadmill a lot I often find myself much slower on the road. Not a bad thing only I feel like I'm faster than what I really am. However yesterday I did 3.07 miles on the trail in 24:48, avg pace 8:05. This made me happy to be able to run a faster pace on the road (well, a faster pace for me anyway).

Now I need to figure out what Ms. Sophie is going to be for Halloween. I have no idea and would love to make her a costume but I just don't have a lot of time to be crafty (bad excuse but it's true). Need to get my creative juices flowing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...