Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Quickie

Just returned from the gym and I'm starving!!!!!!!!! Left over post roast it is.

Did just a quick circuit consisting of legs, shoulders (my shoulders don't get much attention when I do arms), and abs. Also threw in two sets of dips and pull ups.

I was a member at this particular gym a few years ago when I worked for a different company. It was kind of the same membership deal, except they paid for half (bigger company). The gym still looks the same but I noticed there was some new cardio equipment.

I tried out the elliptical, it was....different. Much different than the Life Fitness I'm used to. Verdict is still out because I only got 10 minutes on it.

Matrix E7X Elliptical - www.matrixfitness,com
My all time favorite is Precor.

Because I sweat like a man I got a little stinky but not too terribly bad. It's bearable. My hair is wet but I brought some deodorant and perfume. It'll do for a couple of hours :)

I was rereading my previous post and I felt like a Negative Nancy. I love being a mommy and I love my daughter more than anything but I don't sugarcoat very well and motherhood is tough. There are moments when you question your sanity, yourself as a mom and a person.

It's the hardest thing I've ever done but I wouldn't change any of it for a minute, especially at this age when she can talk and tells me she loves me and gives me hugs and kisses. She really is a sweet girl, and smart too! But sometimes she can act like a brat. This morning was one of those times.

This evening she'll probably pitch another fit when it's time for bath (we like to torture her by washing her hair - we're terrible parents). And then she'll be sweet and cuddly for bed. She's two, this is what they do.

I can say though, I always thought I was going to be this "tough" mom who's kids towed the line. One look from those big brown eyes and I'm mush.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...