Friday, October 21, 2011

Feels Like Fall

Starting about Wednesday temps and humidity finally fell and we're starting to see some fall weather here in the lowcountry.

Sunday I'm running the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon (aka half marathon). I'm very excited for this race for a few reasons:

1) Hubby and I get a night away, just the two of us! This rarely happens. My parents are driving down from Charlotte to stay with Sophie this weekend. They arrive tonight and then we'll head out tomorrow morning for Myrtle Beach. Actually we're staying in Litchfield Beach at the Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort.

2) This will be the first half marathon that I'll run where it's not going to be raining. The previous two I've run were both miserable. Kiawah Island was rainy and cold, Charlotte Race Fest was severe thunderstorms and humid. Actually the weather is going to be fantastic. A cool morning and in the low 70's for a high and sunny.

3) The medals are very cool. They are in the shape of a surfboard and also serve as a bottle opener.


This is what the website says about the event:


We Were Named the Largest Running Event in Myrtle Beach
Our 2010 inaugural event was the 5th largest running event in South Carolina and the largest event in Myrtle Beach according to the South Carolina Runner's Gazette.  Our race received rave reviews for amazing and entertaining course, most professionally organized event, best medals and perks and overall great experience!  Come join us and experience this race for yourself!  If you aren't ready for the 13.1 mile challenge, participant in our Coastal 5K benefitting the Grand Strand Humane Society! 

I think the last mile or two is along the boardwalk so you can look out onto the beach. The after party is on the beach. Sadly we'll only have like an hour at the after party and then have to hit the road so my parents can get back to Charlotte.

I don't really have any set goals for this race. I just want to run well and feel strong. Last week I was able to run 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 3 minutes so I'm using this as my target time. I would LOVE to run a sub 2 hours, even if it's 1:59:59. That is my secret goal but any PR will do.

Tomorrow we'll leave Charleston around 10:00, get to Myrtle Beach around Noon and we're heading straight to the Expo to pick up my packet.

After the Expo we'll head to lunch somewhere and then I'm going to get dropped off at Old Time Pottery (I LOVE this place). They have one in Charlotte and Myrtle Beach but no Charleston :(


While I'm at Old Time Pottery Ricky will be at:


Yep, while I'm drooling over decorations and stuff Ricky will be making out his fishing wish list.

That's one of many things I hate about living in Charleston. We don't have good shopping at all. Charlotte has both these stores plus many more plus an awesome mall (South Park Mall if you ever are in the Charlotte area).

We check in our hotel at 4:00 and then we'll hit up some place for dinner later.

This morning I did 4 miles, 33:47, avg pace 8:26. Did some legs and arms after. Tomorrow I'm going to do a slow 3 miles and then I'll be ready for Sunday.

TGIF!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...