Friday, October 28, 2011

Pumpkin Bread Recipe

UPDATE*** Just wanted to add that in one of the loaf pans I mixed in some chocolate chips and let's just say Yum!

I'm in the mood for pumpkin so this weekend I'm going to make pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin bread. The recipe below is from my sister, where she got it from I have no idea so I'll just credit my sister for now. It's really good and probably not so healthy but sometimes you gotta live a little.

At least pumpkin is considered a vegetable? Fruit? Well it's gotta be some what healthy right?

Pumpkin Bread
Ingredients:
2 2/3 cup white sugar
4 eggs beaten
2/3 cup butter (softened)
1 15 ounce can pumpkin
3 1/3 cup flour
½ tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground cloves
2/3 cup water

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.  Cream butter and sugar thoroughly.  Add eggs, pumpkin, and water and mix.  Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices, then add to pumpkin mixture.  Pour into two loaf pans.  Bake at 350 for approximately 1 hour.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...