Wednesday, October 19, 2011

No More Mr. Nice Guy

Or Misses Nice Gal.

It's been almost a month since someone plowed into my rear end. OK wait that doesn't really sound right.

It's been almost a month since I got rear ended. I've done what I'm supposed to by filing a claim against the other drivers insurance (it was after all her fault).

I've waited patiently for the appraiser to come out and write up an estimate (that took almost 2 weeks after the accident - she didn't return my calls for two days). Finally get her to come see my car and she tells me that she'll send it to the body shop "right away" so they can go ahead and order parts. I should hear back from the adjuster with in 48 hours so they can go ahead and cut me a check for the damages.

Went out of town last week - did not hear anything from anybody. Call the body shop - they have no estimate.

OK. Still being cool, calm and collect I e-mail the appraiser and she says "oh but I've sent it to him, let me call him." I hear back the next day - "sending another copy to him." This was Friday's response.

Last week I call the adjuster wondering when they are going to send me a check. They're like "oh I'm not sure what the hold up is, we've received the estimate  - oops, we forgot to request the check." Steam coming out of my ears but I'm still being nice with a slight edge in my voice. They request the check and I'm told I should receive it this week. Fine, great.

Call the body shop today and he STILL doesn't have anything from her. You've got to be kidding me, now I'm getting pissed and tired of the run around.

I e-mail a not so pleasant e-mail to the appraiser (I email because no one answers their damn phones anymore). I ask her to send me the estimate (for the 2nd time) so I can send it onto the body shop myself.

I sit there and wait - not so patiently anymore and say to myself "screw this."

I call the adjuster and amazingly she picks up her phone (I usually leave a message and wait a day for her to call me back). I vent my frustration with having no check and no estimate. She kindly faxes me the estimate. FINALLY I have a copy. So I send it (fax and e-mail) to the body shop. Hopefully they have it because if I call tomorrow and they still me they didn't receive it I'm going to drive up there and punch someone in the face - and then give them the estimate.

I've worked in customer service before and have been yelled at, called names, you name it. I know how people can act and I know what people who work in customer service have to go through. So I try to be a nice person, even when frustrated. I treat others as I would want to be treated.

However, I'm tired of getting screwed and I have to lay the hammer down. I'm pissed and while I'm still respectful they now know that this is taking way too long and I'm losing patience.

Maybe I should have been a bitch first and foremost. Might have gotten my car fixed by now, or at least it could be in the shop by now.

Moral of the story: being nice gets you nowhere, sadly. Get a little pissed and all of a sudden people spring into action.

If nothing happens by the end of the week, someone is getting punched in the face. I'm kidding about the punching....or not :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...