Monday, October 17, 2011

Week 8 Recap

I had good intentions this past week, running while traveling for work. I pack workout clothes, had the mornings all planned out in my head, pep talked myself. But only one day happened. One day and that's it. Traveling really kicked by booty.

Day 1 - Sunday
Cross training. I did not run this day. I wanted to but I didn't. Instead I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and the stair climber. Let me just say that I can run 14 miles but 10 minutes on the stair climber kicks my ass. After cardio I did some weight training. 

Day 2 - Monday
Rest
Up at 4:00 am to get ready and head to California. Flight left at 6:20 and arrived at 10:50 in sunny Orange County. From the minute my sales reps picked me up at the airport, it was non stop appointments and driving. I was back at my hotel at 7:00 pm (10:00 pm east coast time). I ordered room service and passed out by 8:30. 

Day 3 - Tuesday
4.08 miles, 34.22, avg pace 8:25
My eyes popped open at 3:45 am and laid awake until 4:30. I called my husband at like 4:15 because it's was really 7:15 at home and he was driving Sophie to school and heading to work. What a weird feeling that is. I made it to the hotel gym and ran my 4 miles. I didn't like the treadmill, it was at 0% incline but it felt like I was running uphill the whole time. Plus it had a TV attached to the treadmill which made me feel strange. I like looking out and over at something, not having it right in my face. So it wasn't an enjoyable run but got it done.

Day 4 - Wednesday
7 miles Rest
After another long day of customer visits, driving and not really eating a whole lot I was pooped when I got back to my hotel at like 7 pm again. I called my husband and I started nodding off on the phone. I slept all the way till 5:30 and by that time I had to start getting ready for the day. Plus I was leaving for home and needed to make sure I was packed up, ate breakfast and be ready to be picked up at 7:30 am so we could get in a few appointments before my flight. To be honest, I could have gotten up but I hated that treadmill so much that I didn't want to run 7 miles on it. I could have done 3 miles and something else but I was tired and I talked myself into being lazy. I knew it was going to be a long day, my flight didn't get into Charleston until 11:30 pm.

Day 5 - Thursday
4 miles Rest
Aww, my bed! I got home around midnight and by the time I got into bed it was 12:30. I was so wound up that I couldn't fall asleep right away. I didn't even attempt to get up and go to the gym and even when my daughter woke up and I went into get her, I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open. I went back to bed and was going to get up and go for a short run around the neighborhood before I went into work, but that didn't happen. I needed coffee and lots of it. By the time I started feeling "awake" I had to get ready.

Day 5 -  Friday
Rest
I was mad at myself this morning because even though I was tired I could have gotten up and gone to the gym and still functioned but I didn't. I laid in bed after my alarm went off and contemplated going. Next thing I knew I looked at the clock and it was 6:30! Oops, fell back asleep and then I ran late. Oh well. 

Day 6 - Saturday
15 miles 4 miles, cross train, weights
Had to flip flop days, couldn't do my long run until Sunday because my husband was on call and had to go into the office. No baby sitter for Sophie so we hung out in the morning and then I headed to the gym after lunch. My run felt good and this day I finally started feeling somewhat normal.

Not the ideal training week by any means and to be honest I got upset and cried on Saturday because I started doubting myself and got frustrated. It's only a couple of runs I missed and not the end of the world as my husband pointed out. Just need to make sure I'm on my A-game this week since I have my half marathon on Sunday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...