Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I Need A Tape Recorder

OK, so I take my daughter to school and pick her up almost every day. My office is 2 minutes away from daycare so it doesn't make sense for Ricky to go out of his way to take her when I'm driving right by. That's all in theory right?

Within the last few months I told my husband, more like insisted that he needs to step up and take and pick up at least once a week. I need a break. I need one day where I drive in silence. No noise, no screaming, no talking, no kids DVD's playing. Just me and the road (and traffic).

If I had a tape recorder and could have taped this mornings temper tantrum on the way to school, you would feel  my pain.

It's all you can do sometimes to keep your sanity.

It's times like these when I think "I want another one? I must be crazy."

And then like the snap of a finger....it's done. She's happy once more.

It doesn't even have to be anything for her to get upset about. Just one little thing escalates to full blown meltdown hell.

Sophie loves her daddy. She LOVES when he takes her to school. I'm always with her in the car so I think she gets a little sick of being with mommy and wants her daddy. It's only natural (I think....plus daddy lets her get away with way more than I do).

This morning she wanted to ride in "Daddy's truck." We gently told her that she could ride with daddy tomorrow but today she has to ride with mommy.

Ricky put her in my car kicking and screaming, literally. The gut wrenching scream that followed when we backed out of the driveway would make one think that I hacked off her arm. I mean you'd think I beat this child or something. I swear she loves me, she just likes daddy better some days.

Oh the joys of having a toddler.

So we're all good now, she was happy the last part of the drive and we were giggling, she ate some of her breakfast (yes, in the car). She gave me a kiss goodbye at school.

Tomorrow I get my day.

Now I'm headed to the gym near my office so I can get a weight workout in. I ran my 8 miles this morning so I don't need to do any cardio (plus I don't want to come back too stinky for my co-workers).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...