Wednesday, October 5, 2011

October is a Busy Month

October is going to be a busy month. Hell, the rest of the year is going to be busy. Since I've had a child and become  a mom, I feel like time passes me by. I have no time to get things done anymore yet my "to-do" list and project list keeps growing and growing.....

There's so much I want to do but finding the time to get it all done is becoming very overwhelming. I've dedicated myself to this marathon training so if things get pushed back till after the race in January so be it.

October:
8th - This coming Saturday my husband is fishing in a small local tournament so he'll be gone all day Saturday. My mother in law will be watching Sophie while I do my 14 miles. I'll be doing this distance alone, no hubby to ride along beside me.
Sunday 9th - Was invited to a friend's beach house for the day to bring Sophie to play with various other children that will be there. Now that I have to fly out to California at 6 am on Monday I'm going to have to cancel because now I will have to run the errands I cannot do on Saturday and pack, get groceries for Ricky and Sophie so they can eat while I'm gone, spend time with my daughter, and try to get my house cleaned up.

10th - 12th I'll be in SoCal for work. I'm flying into John Wayne Airport and staying somewhere in that area but riding with my sales rep on customer visits those 2 days. I know that one day we will be in San Diego. Exciting, my sister was born in San Diego (when my dad was in the Navy) so she's a tad jealous that I get to go there. I get back really really late Wed. night, at like 11:30 pm which is going to stink because I'll be so jet lagged.

15th - 16th I need to attempt to get Sophie's Halloween costume since I won't really have time to do it this coming weekend unless I can try and squeeze it in however I have NO idea what she should be. Would love to make her a costume but that's just not going to happen. I have 15 miles on Saturday. I wanted to invite friends over for dinner Saturday night and we might still do that but honestly after being away for a few days I don't think I'll have the time to clean and go grocery shopping. When I cook for people I like to go all out.

22nd - 23rd  - My parents are driving down that Friday to stay with Sophie for the weekend while Ricky and I drive to Myrtle Beach, SC for the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon on Sunday the 23rd.
I'm super excited about this race because the last few miles you get to run along the beach and the biggest bummer of Kiawah Island Half Marathon - no beach just big beautiful houses. After the race we'll drive home and there's the weekend.

Image from http://www.runmyrtlebeach.com
29th - 31st - I'm sure this is the weekend that Ricky will be on call this weekend which isn't a big huge deal only the fact that I have to run 17 miles and he'll have to go into the office for a few hours. Getting ready for Halloween as well, hopefully the house will be decorated by then and I can carve pumpkins on Sunday.

Of course any day during the week I'll be working.

I would love to be crafty for Halloween, I have so many ideas that I want to do to decorate the house. I love fall and fall decorating so we'll see just how much I am able to get done.

I also have to start getting things ready for Sophie's big girl room. Would like to have her transitioned over after my marathon in January and get her old nursery ready for new baby nursery (hopefully). I bought a headboard from craigslist and I'm to paint it white along with the bookcase I also found on craigslist. We have a dresser that's already white but I'm going to paint the drawers a different color and change out the knobs. Not to mention re-painting her future room. This is all very ambitious but I know I can get it done. Whether I can keep from getting stressed out remains to be seen.

On top of all that, I have a ton of little projects that are sitting in our garage waiting to be sanded and spray painted. I was not able to complete over the summer because it was just too hot and humid and the paint does not dry well.

I want to re-paint our mater bathroom because it needs it but this will be a "rainy day" project. Oh and not to mention our living room and kitchen - maybe this will be a day off from work project. My husband loves me :) Actually I've painted just about every room myself so I don't need his help. I'm the better painter anyway.

So yeah, I bring it upon myself and used to be very obsessive about things but since I've had a kid I've learned that if it all doesn't get done at the time I want it to get done....it's ok!

So far November is semi busy. We're traveling to Charlotte, NC twice this month, once for my 2nd half marathon on Nov. 12th, the Thunder Road Marathon and then for Thanksgiving.


I won't even get started on Christmas :) It's all good, bring it on!! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...