Saturday, October 8, 2011

Week 7 Recap

Day 1 - Sunday
Cross Train plus 3.07 miles, 24:48, avg pace 8:05 on the trail. Weights at the gym after my run and the elliptical. Gorgeous day weather wise! I'm happy that I was able to run that "fast" after my 9 miler the day before.

Day 2 - Monday
Rest

Day 3 - Tuesday
4 miles, 34:15, avg pace 8:33 weights

Day 4 - Wednesday
7.35 miles, 59:47, avg pace 8:07

Day 5 - Thursday
4 miles Rest

Day 6 - Friday
Rest 3 miles, weights, elliptical. I don't know what my time or pace was because I forgot my watch and I have a crappy memory so I don't remember what the time said on the treadmill.

Day 7 - Saturday
14 miles - 14.07, 2:18:30, avg pace 9:50
I didn't make it to the beach like I had planned. After not sleeping well and not getting up at the time I wanted, plus throw in a temper tantrum over socks, we were late getting out of the house. Since my mother in law is so kind to watch Sophie and had errands to run after, I didn't want to take advantage so I went to the trail instead. I'll save the beach for next weekend.
Temps were good, sun was shining and I felt good overall. It was windy and it really didn't seem to matter which direction I was running, the wind was in my face. There were times I felt like "heck yay, I'm doing good!" and I'd look down at my watch and the pace was like 10:06. Hmmm....not so much. Oh well, that's what training is all about and at least I hit my milaege. I did have to stop at my car around mile 13 because I was out of water and I could taste the salt on my lips so I know I was getting dehydrated. Chugged some water and finished the run.

Week 7 is done! This coming week will be interesting with my traveling so I hope to still get some runs in. I know I'm going to be tired when I get back. My flight home doesn't get in till 11:30 pm and I still have to go to work the next day (however I will be sleeping in).

Now it's off to enjoy the weekend, do laundry and pack, and spend time with my favorite little girl.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...