Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tired and Sore = Rest Day

I slept in this morning. Meaning I didn't get up at 4 am but 6 am.

I could have gotten up at 4 but I was sore so I decided that I needed a rest day.

Plus I was so sleepy that when my alarm went off I groaned and could barely keep my eyes open. When I tried to roll over and realized that my arms and glutes were sore, that sealed the deal of turning the alarm off.

But it's never fully back to sleep because then I hear my husband snore. Loudly. So I have to nudge him, the dogs wake up and everyone sort of rearranges themselves and then we all go back to sleep.

My daughter is spending the day with her Grandma so I had a kid free car ride this morning. I thought about hitting the gym after work since my husband will be getting her from Grandma's but honestly I'm just not feeling it today.

I'll make it up tomorrow and then do my 17 miles on Saturday (which the weather is going to be perfect once again).

Today I'm not looking forward to 17 miles, sort of dreading it a little, which is why I figure I need a rest day. For me, sometimes the rest day isn't for the body as much as it is for the mind. In my case today it's both.

Tomorrow I'll probably be really excited about it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...