Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I don't have any pictures of my little black kitten because she did NOT want to wear her costume this morning. Hopefully I can get some this evening, with a little bribery. It's going to be a busy evening of me picking her up from daycare at 4, rushing home to try to get her to eat some dinner, in her costume and then out the door for some trick or treating (praying it doesn't rain). I don't like it when Halloween falls on a weekday, not as much fun and I wish I could take the day off of work to do some fun things. I guess I should save it for when she's older.

I carved my pumpkin yesterday, it's a fish skeleton :) I'm proud of it. I have to admit, and I promise I'm not a weird o, but carving a pumpkin is very therapeutic. If you're stressed or angry, just take some knives and slice into that bad boy!

My husband went to freeze his butt off fishing yesterday and caught a bunch of trout and red fish.


Friday night my father in law shot a big 10 point deer. They already have one deer head mounted on the wall and many skulls, my mother in law is trying to figure out where this big head is going. It's currently in our garage freezer till my father in law can take it somewhere to get mounted. Out of sight out of mind.


There will be a whole lot of deer meat in our future because they like to share.

Actually I'm not a big fan of venison. Sure I'll eat some venison spaghetti and my husband likes the summer sausage but I think the meat is a little too tough for my taste. Although we did have a tenderloin once that turned out really well - we marinated it for like a day. My favorite though is the venison bacon. It's thick and salty (and lean).

My in laws do hunt and to be honest I'm an animal lover so the picture above disturbs me slightly. My husband says it's regulated (so you can't shoot Bambi and the deer has to be a certain size). He also says its population control.

I'm not a vegetarian and I do eat meat. I know that some meat processors in the US do not treat their animals right and therefore I try to get meat that I know the animals have been raised humanely. For me it's out of sight out of mind but I will never hunt and if Sophie or next child wants to go with Daddy when they get older then I won't stop them. It's just not something I would want to do but then again I just grew up differently.

Looking forward to some venison bacon though.

I am sore today. I did a very intense weight training session at the gym yesterday. I didn't run and for that I'm proud of myself because after 17 miles I know I needed to change it up.

So I did 15 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes on the stair climber.

Next I concentrated on legs, knowing that today would be a rest day. Then I did a bunch of upper body and some kettle ball.

My legs are not sore. My arms and back are.

Thankful for the rest day.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...