Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Main Problem with Charleston

As much as I love the beach and being near the cost, I'm not a huge fan of living in this area. There are many many reasons why this is but the biggie is where we live in relation to where I work. The traffic, most days, is a nightmare. To anyone who reads my blog, this will be a reoccurring theme. As long as I continue to work I will despise my drive.

Case in point this morning we are out of the house early, doing good on time, going to be early to work and school when I am heading towards the big bridge that I normally cross to get to work and it's jam packed with cars. Then I finally hear a traffic report that tells me left lane is blocked ahead, expect delays. Nice.

To make a long story short it took me 55 minutes to get over that bridge. So in total I spent almost 2 hours in the car this morning. What makes it all the more annoying is that when I passed the wreck all emergency personnel were standing around doing a whole lot of nothing. I think I even saw one of them laughing at something. They could have been working on getting the lane re-opened but apparently that wasn't high priority.

Borrowed picture from Wikipedia. The dreaded Don Holt Bridge. 
I've been doing this drive for the last 4 years and I will be the happiest woman alive the day I don't have to do it anymore which makes me almost ALMOST want to get pregnant like NOW so I can be done with all the nonsense.

OK that rant is done for now.

Woke up at 4:15 and ran 4 miles this morning on the treadmill and a short weight circuit after. 4 miles in 34:15 avg pace about 8:33. Legs were still a little sore from Sunday's weight workout but overall I felt good overall. 

It was hard getting up because we got woken up at 1:30 to a dog regurgitating his dinner on our carpet. That's always a lovely sound to wake up to in the middle of the night isn't it? So my husband cleaned it up and then it was to sleep, only I couldn't get back to sleep right away. Then the snoring started but eventually I nodded back off only to be woken up by my alarm a while later. Would have given anything to go back to sleep but I'm happy that I got out of bed. Of course it's currently 2:30 pm and I'm about to fall asleep at my desk but I'll make it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...