Friday, October 7, 2011

The Human Alarm Clock

Because I missed yesterday I wanted to make sure I got in some sort of work out this morning, whether it be running, weights, whatever.

My husband had to leave early again this morning to go to the same place to assist with a well point install. I have no idea what that is but it's something that has to do with water and it goes in the ground. Apparently they did not get everything done yesterday.

So I ended up getting out of bed at like 3:50 so I could make it to the gym earlier than normal, so I could make home before he had to leave. My clock is 20 minutes fast so when the alarm goes off I look over and it says 4:10 when really it's 3:50. Little ways I try to trick my mind.

I go to the gym, I do my thing and then I call my husband on the way home to tell him to let they dogs out (they go nuts when someone pulls into the driveway so we let them outside so they don't wake up Sophie). Well when I call he sounds like he just woke up. Um, yeah that's because my call woke him up and now he's going to be late getting out of the house.

Because I'm a light sleeper I often wake up to his alarm going off and then I wake him up so get out of bed. I guess since I wasn't there he didn't hear it and slept right through it. He must sleep like the dead because I hear mine the instant it goes off. I am many things for my family and now I can add human alarm clock to my list of responsibilities.

Luckily he's a guy and it doesn't take him long to get ready so in 15 minutes he was out the door.

This morning I decided to run a slower 3 miles on the treadmill. That started to get boring after the first 1/2 mile so I did hills with faster pace on the decline. After the run I did a few weights and then 10 minutes on the elliptical.

Tomorrow I have 14 miles on the schedule. My husband is fishing in a small local tournament so I will be dropping my daughter off at my mother in laws house for a few hours while I do my run. I hate to have to do that but Sunday it's supposed to start raining and tomorrow is the better day. It's only for a few hours so I don't feel too guilty.

I want to run somewhere that I haven't been in a while so I'm thinking of heading down to Folly Beach to do my run. Most tourists are gone so it should be fairly quiet. They do a half marathon on Folly so I should be able to get 14 miles out of the area.

http://www.follybeach.com/islandmap.php

It'll take me about 45 minutes to get to Folly from where my mother in law lives but I want some new scenery as my mileage starts to increase. I can only take so much of the same trail before it gets boring.

14 miles will be the farthest I've run so I'm hoping it goes well. Should be a nice and fairly cool morning but by the time I'm done it'll probably be in the 70's. Still  not too bad but I sweat like a man so need to make sure I have plenty of fluids with me.

TGIF!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...