Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Christmas is Almost 2 Months Away

Every year I tell myself around Summertime that I will start Christmas shopping early and be done by Thanksgiving.

And every year Thanksgiving rolls around and I haven't bought one darn thing.

So when I glanced at my calendar today I realized that after this weekend Christmas is 2 months away. Oh how time flies.

I'm not a very good shopper, in fact I really despise going into a store. I'd rather shop online, especially is there's free shipping involved. Mostly I hate shopping because I hate crowds and around the Holidays I refuse to go to a store at peak time. I'll get up and go early, like right when the store opens.

I started jotting down some ideas for Sophie. Ricky and I don't really buy anything for each other anymore. Something small to open on Christmas but at the age we are, if we need something and budget allows, we just buy it.

Same rule for extended family. We mainly buy for the kids now. In my family we draw names and buy a gift for that person who's name we drew. It works, I like it. I really would all in all rather Sophie get all the gifts instead of me or Ricky anyway.

So thinking back to Sophie, she's really into fake food. She has a little hand me down kitchen and a ton of plastic food she got for her birthday. So looking online at Pottery Barn Kids I found this:


I really want her to have this. I think she'd have a blast because right now she likes to "serve" us food. Also there's a company called Melissa and Doug that makes wooden toys and I've found several wooden food sets that would be great with this. It's also currently on sale so once Hubby gets paid I think I'm going to go ahead and purchase it.

Something else I think she'll love is a doll house. My mom kept the old Sylvanian Family I used to play with when I was little. It's basically a doll house with animals instead of people. At Toys R Us I found Callico Critters so I think I'm also going to purchase her this:


For a 2 year old I think this is perfect and as she gets older we can always add-on to her collection.

I also saw this but passed the idea onto my brother and sister-in-law because at some point I realize I can't buy her everything.


He he, it's pink!! If we ever have a little boy he's probably not going to want to play with a pink basketball goal. That's why there's spray paint.

Actually Sophie loves to play ball and I think this is something she'll enjoy. If she takes after her mommy then she's going to be a natural basketball player :) Gotta start her young so we can get the skills going, girl is probably going to need either a sports scholarship or academic scholarship.

Of course there will be clothes and other smaller items that she'll have to open from Mommy and Daddy but the one's above (Diner and Doll House) will be from Santa. I have to spoil her while I can, this might be the last year she's an only child.

At least I've got the list going and that's a start. I mean seriously it's not even Halloween and I'm thinking about Christmas!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...