Sunday, October 30, 2011

Week 10 Recap

Day 1 - Sunday
Half Marathon - Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon.
My first race since April and I really wanted a sub 2 hour half marathon. My chip time was 1:58:06 woot woot!

Day 2 - Monday
Rest

Day 3 - Tuesday
4 miles, 34:07, avg pace 8:31

Day 4 - Wednesday

8 miles 1:09, avg pace 8:31
Lunch hour went to the gym and did 10 minutes on the elliptical and weights

Day 5 - Thursday
4 miles Rest

Day 6 - Friday
Rest 3 miles, 26:00, avg pace 8:30

Day 7 - Saturday
17.01 miles, 2:44, avg pace 9:41
Weather wasn't very good this morning, it was cool, windy and rainy. Luckily by the time I started running the downpour had moved on but there was still a drizzle for the first hour or so. On top of that I was getting smacked in the face by wind. Some of my miles were very slow because of that (or they were just slow but I'll blame the wind).
I was feeling good overall, I stopped around mile 7 at a gas station to use the restroom and then once at mile 12 because I started see spots. Got a little light headed and wondered what the heck is this about all about and realized that I was hungry! Weird, I ate breakfast earlier but apparently my stomach was telling me "more food please." The feeling passed and I continued on. Thinking maybe I need to run with a bar or something just in case.
I finished strong though and I wasn't cramping at all like I did a few weeks ago after my 15 mile run.
Some things I'm trying out:
- Drink a large gatorade before I run in the morning. Then during the run I have my handheld with water and Nuun.
- I started eating my Power Bar Energy chews at mile 5, mile 10, mile 12, and then one per mile till I finished. I tried the Raspberry (w/o caffine) starting out and I'm thinking these don't work for me, I need the ones with caffine. Gives me that little extra boost.
- I chugged some of my husbands gatorade right after I started feeling lightheaded so I'm thinking maybe the longer I run I need to ditch water and drink gatorade. Not sure about this, I'll see how next week goes.

I have to say I'm a Gatorade fan. I know it's loaded with sugar but it doesn't make my stomach hurt and I seem to perform well when I drink it. So I'll stick to it for now.



I have to admit that when I hit mile 7 I thought to myself "only 10 more miles to go." And then I laughed a little. 26.2 seems so long! Happy to report that my legs feel good and as they are a little tired I'm not very sore.

Total miles for the week: 45 - the most ever for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...